About the College of Education TK20 System
Posted by Anna Wright on 07 October 2014 03:18 PM
Note: These instructions are for faculty.
- What is TK20?
- TK20 is a comprehensive data management and learning outcomes assessment system that provides a rich set of tools for students and faculty to help track and enhance students' learning, as well as make our assessment and accountability tasks easier. Additionally, College of Education students have access to TK20 for 4 years beyond graduation to build their professional electronic portfolios and support career advancement. The College of Education will be using this for key assessments (assignments) in their courses as of October 2014.
- How do I add TK20 to my online or hybrid course in Canvas?
- If your course has a key assessment that must be submitted in the TK20 system, TK20 may be added to any College of Education course at the instructor’s request.
- Contact your assigned Instructional Designer to install and configure the TK20 LTI integration into the your course in Canvas. Note: Rowan Online support is limited to the installation and configuration of the TK20 LTI integration for the course. Further training and support for the use of TK20 is provided directly by TK20.
- Rowan Online Instructional Designers should create a link to TK20 at the bottom of the Introduction Module (under All Course Lectures link). The TK20 link should be titled, Launch TK20.
- Where do Rowan Global faculty and students get technical support for using TK20?
- Should students submit key assessments to Canvas and TK20?
- No, instructors should be advised to collect work only in TK20, but instructors can manually enter grades back into Canvas. This is beneficial to do since Canvas automatically caluclates student grades in the Total column.
- Can TK20 be incorporated into Canvas so Canvas automatically pulls the grades entered in TK20 back into Canvas? That way I don't have enter grades twice.
- Unfortunately, TK20 cannot be incorporated this way due to a limitation of the TK20 system.
- Should I include verbiage in my online or hybrid course syllabus?
- Yes, we recommend adding the following verbiage in their course syllabus. Instructors may provide their own required verbiage as an alternative. The TK20 verbiage should be added to the top of the Assignments section of the syllabus.
- If you would like this standard verbiage added to your online or hybrid course syllabus, please contact your assigned Instructional Designer.
- Please note that the scoring rubric and assignment description for (Insert Key Assessment Number and Name) will be available for you on the College of Education TK20 system. TK20 is a comprehensive data management and learning outcomes assessment system that provides a rich set of tools for students and faculty that help track and enhance students' learning, as well as make our assessment and accountability tasks easier. A link to TK20 is provided within your course in the Canvas system. Your assignment will not be graded unless it is submitted on TK20. If you have questions about TK20, please view the TK20 Information Page on the College of Education’s website, which includes FAQs and user guides, at www.rowan.edu/colleges/education/accreditation/TK20.html.
TK20 Technical Support: Training for TK20 is provided directly by the Rowan University College of Education and TK20. For questions regarding the system, please contact TK20's support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.401.2000 ext 1. For questions regarding assignments, please contact your instructor or the Rowan University College of Education. Be advised that Rowan Global provides support for the TK20 connection to Canvas, but has limited capability to provide technical support or training to students and faculty for the use of the TK20 system and tools.